If you’re waiting for Santa to bring your business a mobile web presence you’re going to miss out on a significant number of holiday sales that will be transacted on mobile devices. Black Friday sales were up 26% this year over last and mobile shoppers represented 17% of those sales. Is there any reason to think that trend won’t continue through the holiday season and into the new year? We don’t think so, either.
Take a look at a few more interesting statistics while you snack on your milk and cookies:
- 10.8 – The percentage of people who used a mobile device to access a retailer’s site on Cyber Monday (up from 3.9% last year).
- 43 – The percentage of mobile users who have downloaded a retail app to make their shopping easier.
- 52 – The percentage of mobile users who will use their smartphone to research products, redeem coupons, and make purchases.
- 65 – The percentage of mobile users who said they used their mobile device to FIND A STORE so they could make an in-store purchase.
- 80 – The percentage of mobile users who immediately QUIT SHOPPING because of a poorly working mobile site.
- 100 – The percentage of mobiles sales you’re going to miss if you don’t have a web presence at all.
Arguably, the Godfather movies are the greatest films ever made, begetting some great “wise guy” proverbs. And since I’m one of those guys who could communicate entirely in movie quotes and being a “web-wise guy” to boot, I wondered how Don Corleone might run the online “family business.” Here’s some memorable Godfather wisdom – and nobody even has to get whacked!
“I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse.” Studies show that it takes less than a second for visitors to pass judgment on you based on your website. Impress them immediately before the Back button becomes public enemy number one.
“It’s business, not personal.” If that’s your website’s vibe, remember: People make decisions intellectually, but they buy emotionally. It’s always personal; touch something sensitive.
Can you imagine living in a world filled with great and terrible beasts like the dinosaurs? What a world it must have been! I’m guessing that movies like Jurassic Park don’t even come close to depicting these awe-inspiring reptiles! If you’ve ever stood before the intimidating skeleton of a T-Rex in a museum, or a colossal Brachiosaurus, you might have gazed up at it wondering what that amazing animal must have been like in real life. You might have also wondered, Just how did such mighty creatures become extinct? You might be closer to the real answer than you think.
Website designs have a shelf life of maybe 24 months, tops. Many companies roll out new designs annually. One of our clients wanted to do just that—develop a brand new look. It was exciting; his is a neat business—one of those projects you just know is going to turn out cool! But my excitement waned with his next question. “Would you like to submit a bid on the project?” That evoked the proverbial record-scratch in my ears.
“Submit a bid? Seriously?”
Then he added, “And I will be going with lowest price.”