If you’re waiting for Santa to bring your business a mobile web presence you’re going to miss out on a significant number of holiday sales that will be transacted on mobile devices. Black Friday sales were up 26% this year over last and mobile shoppers represented 17% of those sales. Is there any reason to think that trend won’t continue through the holiday season and into the new year? We don’t think so, either.
Take a look at a few more interesting statistics while you snack on your milk and cookies:
- 10.8 – The percentage of people who used a mobile device to access a retailer’s site on Cyber Monday (up from 3.9% last year).
- 43 – The percentage of mobile users who have downloaded a retail app to make their shopping easier.
- 52 – The percentage of mobile users who will use their smartphone to research products, redeem coupons, and make purchases.
- 65 – The percentage of mobile users who said they used their mobile device to FIND A STORE so they could make an in-store purchase.
- 80 – The percentage of mobile users who immediately QUIT SHOPPING because of a poorly working mobile site.
- 100 – The percentage of mobiles sales you’re going to miss if you don’t have a web presence at all.